Sunday, September 21, 2003

So it's been a good day. My funky mood from earlier this weekend is gone, and I've had a really good couple of days just hanging out with people here, being encouraged and just relaxing. Tonight the two friends that were supposed to come over on Friday came over and we had an awesome time. They just left actually. After dinner we did a bit of improv on the guitar (to my specialty - the emo song) and I sang a bit. Very randomly one of them asked me to sing something I wrote. I didn't even realize she knew that I wrote songs. So my roommate told me a couple to play. I forget how cool but how incredibly overwhelming it is to play my music for people. It can either be really bad or really good, because I feel like I'm exposing so much of my heart when I do it. (btw leah I gave zero disclaimers before I sang.)

I had a really good time at church this morning too. I went by myself since my roomies were still gone, but that can be really good sometimes. There are times when you have to get rid of all the distractions so you can really listen for God. After church I had In-N-Out because the church had one of those trucks come out to feed everyone. Soooooorrrreee good. It'd been a while since I'd had a good In-N-Out burger. After church I went to guitar center (sell-out I know, don't tell my bosses back at home) to buy some guitar strings. I played a Taylor with the expression system. Oh my gosh. The fact that one of those things would empty my bank account completely was enough to deter me from buying one though. Maybe some day I'll have my work at home special order one for me so they can sell it to me cheap.

I'm pumped for tomorrow. My sole "real" class got cancelled, so all I have is a PE class in the morning and this mandatory "do nothing" forum in the afternoon. So basically my weekend's going to be four days long.

No comments: