Friday, September 19, 2003

It's been a weird day. Actually it's been a kinda bad day with some weirdness mixed in. Or maybe I'm just using the word weird to mask how I really feel right now. I don't know. Two of my roommates are away this weekend, the other will be gone half the weekend. They're not all going home, but for some reason I take it that way. They can all go home. They've all seen their parents this week. Heck, I think by the end of the day they all will have seen their parents today. And it's not like I'm having massive issues with missing my parents, it just angers me sometimes that they can do that and I can't. They can talk flippantly about going home for the weekend whereas I have to make plans for a massive drive or arrange to buy a plane ticket.

And my dinner plans got cancelled. Not a big deal I know, but it is. Two friends were going to come over and I was going to make them dinner and we were going to hang out and have a great time. I just knew it. Now they're not. Now I'm going to be alone all night unless another friend decides to call me back like she said she would and I can hang out with her later tonight. Meanwhile I have no clue what I'm doing for dinner, I have no meals left on my card, and I don't really feel like making something for myself. But I don't want to go buy dinner either. Man, I am in such a horrible mood.

You know how sometimes the day isn't so great, so then any little thing that happens makes it that much worse? I think that's kinda how today's been. To top everything off my internet is completely jacked on my computer, I think beyond recovery without some help from tech support here. Which, of course, is closed until Monday. Yay for an internet connection that my parents are paying quite a bit of money for that works only every now and again. If my school was a normal ISP they'd be out of business. I'm sick of it.

But you know, in a couple days it's not going to matter. I'm going to be fine, my roommates will be home, I'll have plenty of things to do. Just wish I didn't feel like this right now.

No comments: